The Park Hyatt Washington DC, offers a warm yet elegant place to stay for families visiting the Nation’s Capitol. The hotel is located in Georgetown, which is a quaint neighborhood located in the city’s northwest corner. While the hotel appears to cater more toward the business crowd, it’s certainly welcoming to families.
The rooms are modern yet warm, with neutral earth tones, clean lines and sparse decor. The hotel offers various room options from a nice size Deluxe King to full suite. For our family of four, we had a one bedroom suite adjoining to a Park Deluxe Double, and we had more than enough space. The Park Deluxe Doubles just has a few chairs in the sitting room, so a sofa bed wasn’t an option. However the shower in the Park Deluxe Double was large enough for us all to sleep in…it was ENORMOUS!
- Twice daily housekeeping
- In-room safe large enough for a laptop
- Smart TVs
- Free WiFi
- Luxurious linens
- Marble bathrooms with toiletries and hair dryer
- Stocked minibar
The Park Hyatt Washinton DC is home to the award winning Blue Duck Tavern. The Blue Duck Tavern conveniently located in the hotel lobby, and offers both indoor and outdoor seating. The menu boasts locally harvested ingredients, as well as an extensive wine and cocktail offering. Kids menus are also available with items such as burgers, pasta, crudites plates and ice cream sundaes.
The restaurant is open from breakfast, lunch and dinner and for brunch on the weekends. Reservations conveniently accepted on Open Table.
The Tea Cellar, also found in the lobby, offers a variety of freshly brewed teas and small bites. It’s a nice little resting spot after a long day of sightseeing.
The Lounge and Bar offers comfortable seating, seasonal cocktails and nice place to sit and review the day’s events. The Lounge also offers a lovely cheese selection with fresh breads and crackers. Kids are certainly welcome!
The Indoor Pool
The indoor pool is located on the 3rd floor of the hotel, down a rather long corridor and set of stairs. However, once you find it, you will be pleased with its’ cleanliness, and skylight light atmosphere.
- Nice size Jacuzzi
- Toys to borrow
- Relaxing lounge chairs
- No lifeguard on duty
Helpful Hint for Your Stay… Take advantage of the concierge!
Upon check-in introduce yourself to the concierges at the hotel, they are super friendly and have a bevy of information regarding the best way for your family to navigate the many sites of Washington DC. We arrived feeling a bit overwhelmed and they were able to advise us on which attractions were most age appropriate for our kids, and which to hold off on. They were all extremely helpful and really helped in making our vacation an enjoyable one. The concierges were also able to help us with:
- Dinner reservations
- Tickets to monuments and museums. They secured us tickets to the Washington Monument and US Bureau of Engraving and Printing Tours, which we paid a service fee for. (If you plan far enough ahead, you can write to your local senators or representatives for tickets)
- Use of the complimentary house car and driver (5 mile radius limit)
Our children were ages 8 and 10 during our stay, and here’s what they enjoyed most:
- The National Museum of American History
- The Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial
- Seeing the White House (we did not take the tour)
- Air and Space Museum at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Chantilly, VA (30 minutes from hotel)
- Riding the metro (yup, its true)
Quiet to moderate
- Extremely helpful and friendly staff
- Decent size indoor pool
- Close to shopping and restaurants
- Great onsite dining, with outdoor seating
- Valet parking
- Milk and cookies at turn down (first night only)
- 5-10 minute walk to closest metro stop
- Complimentary WiFi
- Very nice gym
- Free shoe shine service
- Not close to Washington monuments or museums
- Indoor pool is a bit out of the way to get to from the rooms
- No full service spa onsite
The Park Hyatt Washington DC offers extremely elegant, family-friendly hospitality, with top notch service and amenities. We would certainly consider staying here again!