Rustic elegance is the vibe at at this luxury slopeside Vermont ski resort, with it’s world-class service and New England hospitality. This year-round resort is located at the base of Mount Mansfield and in the heart of the Stowe Mountain Resort.
Getting to Stowe Mountain Lodge
Located just by car over 5 hours from New York City and 3 hours from Boston. Non-stop flights on select carriers fly into Burlington International Airport, which is 40 miles from the hotel.
Important Winter Travel Note: If you are driving to the resort in the winter, check with the hotel for best directions, as due to road closures you might be routed differently than GPS suggests!
This six story, 300-room hotel opened in 2008, and combines Vermont’s bucolic charm with first-class amenities.
Onsite you find a warm atmosphere, friendly service and:
- Shopping and Dining
- Fabulous spa
- Outdoor heated pool
- Parking and Ski Valet
- Lots of families with kids of all ages… and a dog or two
- Spacious lobby with seats for gathering
The rooms at Stowe Mountain Lodge are homey yet refined, and have beautiful views of the surrounding outdoors.
- Marble bathroom, with stand-up shower and/or relaxation tub
- Environmentally friendly bath products
- Salon-style hair dryer
- Luxurious environmentally friendly microfiber bed linens
- Plush cotton towels
- Goose down feather beds, pillows and duvets
- Custom-made lamps by Simon Pearce
- Paintings from Vermont Fine Art Gallery
- Wireless high-speed Internet access
- LCD flat screen television
- iPod docking station and MP3 hookup
- Iron and ironing board
- In-room safe large enough to accommodate a laptop
- Daily housekeeping, turn down service upon request
Most guest rooms also include:
- Stone-framed fireplace
- Floor-to-ceiling windows
- Private balcony
- Kitchenette with stove top, microwave and dishwasher or Full Kitchen
- Queen-sized sleeper sofa
- Rollaway bed availability for $35 nightly
- Full size crib availability for $35 nightly
The chefs at the hotel have cultivated relationships with local farmers, cheesemakers and other Vermont area artisans, giving guests the taste of fresh local fare.
Solstice has a open kitchen and sweeping views of Spruce Peak Mountain. The service is top notch and the food is delicious. Families are certainly welcome, and reservations are recommended.
- Reservations for Solistice accepted by OpenTable
- Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Hourglass is the more casual of the two restaurants, with options to dine at the bar or at a table. The restaurant features locally inspired, no fuss dishes such as salads, flatbreads and sandwiches. Seating is somewhat limited, and space fills quickly especially apres-ski.
The outdoor pool is heated and open year-round. If your kids are like our kids, it’s never too cold to swim… not are they ever too tired!
- 25 yard lap lane
- Competition width
- 5 ½ feet in the deep end
- Heated year round
- Outdoor Jacuzzis are heated year round
Spa treatments for the kids…
The spa also offers some chillaxing services for kids ages 6-12, such as a “princess manicure”, “tasty toes pedicure” or “mini me facial”
Additional Family Amenities
- Diaper changing tables in certain public restrooms
- Game Room
- Enchanted Forest Playground
- Adventure Specials (ask concierge about what’s currently happening)
- Family scavenger hunt and winter walk
- Dogs welcome- check with hotel on policies
- Skiing/snowboarding at Stowe Mountain Resort
- Snowshoe and dog sled adventures
- Shopping and dining in the village of Stowe
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory Tour
Skiing at Stowe Mountain
- Ski-in, ski-out to Stowe Mountain Resort
- Mount Mansfield Summit Elevation – 4,395 feet (highest peak in Vermont)
- Top of Lifts Elevation – 3,719 feet
- Longest Vertical Drop – 2,160 feet
- Average Annual Snowfall – 333 inches
- Total Number of Trails – 116
- Skiable Acres – 485
- Total Miles – 39
- Percentages – Beginner 16%, Intermediate 59%, Expert 25%
- Snowmaking Coverage – 90%
- Total Lifts – 13 (More mile long lifts than any other resort in the East)
- 1 Inter-Mountain Transfer Gondola, 1 high-speed summit Gondola, 3 high-speed Quads, 2 Triples, 4 doubles, 2 surface lifts
- Total hourly lift capacity – 15,516 passengers
Stowe Ski & Snowboard School
The school offers a host of options for kids, teens and adults who are just starting out, or just need a re
Too young to ski?? Cubs Childcare, onsite at the mountain, is a licensed daycare (nut free) facility for kids 3 months – 3 years.
Contact Stowe Mounts Resort directly for information on childcare and ski & snowboard school.
At the hotel, finding the ski valet takes a keen eye… but if you see this real estate sign… look below at the small placard and you will find the ski valet!
- Slopeside location and short walk to Over Easy Gondola
- Family dog welcome, as long as not left unattended in room
- Valet Parking
- Ski Valet
- Lift tickets sold at hotel
- Onsite shopping
- Modern fitness center
- Proximity to village
- Not enough seating at the bar area
- No wait service in the large lobby sitting area, as this would be a great place families to relax
Stowe Mountain Lodge offers, what we have so far found to be, the best slopeside accommodations the Northeast. It gets cold (in cases downright frigid) in northern Vermont so if you don’t mind the temp, or the extra drive or flight-time, than this is the way to go.